When I went to the website that I randomly picked, I saw that I will be doing a blog about Bugis of Indonesia. I think that these groups are ethnic groups like aetas. When ethnic groups comes into my mind, i always think that they have different religions but have animistic beliefs. When I finished reading the given site, I found out that the main religion is Islam and people have animistic beliefs.
As I continued to read, I saw that Christianity is only 2%. I think that it is hard for Christians to grow there since they have no church planted. The fact that it is only 2% and ranks 48th in top 50 rank of persecution rank. To be part of that top 50 is hard. It really means that the people who persecute the Christians are harsh. It also means that to convert to a Christian is highly discouraged.
The main language of this group of course is Bugis. Like every other missionaries, the first main challenge is to be able to speak Bugis. Speaking the language is not easy for the missionaries. Like other languages, it takes time to learn the language but that is not only the problem of the missionaries. They have problems too like the persecutors, place for meeting, etc. The missionaries should be able to share to them the truth and let them experience love of God!!!








0 comments:
Post a Comment