Singapore's culture, like many other, is a diverse of Malay, Chinese, Indian and European. It was once under the British empire. The Malays, Chinese and Indians are immigrants. The lesson we had broke down the people in Singapore. The biggest percent of course are the Chinese with 76.8 %. The percent of Malays in the country are 13.9%. The percent of Indians in the country are 7.9%. The smallest percent are Eurasians and others with 1.4%.
While I was looking for pictures to put in this blog, I found this intriguing picture. When I first read this, I thought of two meanings. First, it is "fine," meaning that its great. Another is that it is "fine," meaning that there are lots of fines. When I was in high school, when we talk about Singapore what always comes into our minds is that you cannot chew gum and litter which is true. After reading all the "no's" in this picture. I had a vision which is that one day this would happen in our country. That every countrymen would be disciplined.
Before I end, i want to share a few words that i saw in one of the shirts that i have at home, it says:
No Sweat Lah.
Also can Lah...
Please Lah, Don't worry Lah!
Be happy LAH!
Sit Down Lah,
Don't like that Lah!
Aiya, Give Up Lah!
O.K. LAH.
Tidak apa LAH.
Take it easy LAH!
Source: http://www.mapsofworld.com/singapore/culture.html









0 comments:
Post a Comment